Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TED Unviels Ads Worth Spreading

So the ads worth watching have been unveiled on the TED site. And... well... some may  be worth watching, but I find it a little sad that TED couldn't find 10 that were; although they do have 10 winners. Maybe I just have different criteria than they. Was I wrong to assume that these ads must have some value to me (either  social or philosophical or emotional) that would be so strong that I would want to spread these ads? I mean, with that title, they need to have some "worth", right? And then on top of that, besides the message/topic of the ad having worth (so I should want to tell everyone), I would assume that it ALSO must be compelling to watch or share. Some of these ads to both (which is why I'm compelled to share this with you). I do like the concept (and an ad that so captures the attention and mind of its audience that they are compelled to share it is a worthy goal of all advertisements - regardless of whether the message is for public good or commercial gain). Anyway, the ads are here.  (OK, and this one is my favorite - in fact, I'm going to watch it again as soon as I post this link).

No comments:

Post a Comment